Licensed Building Practitioners Amendment Rules 2009
Published in January 2010
Pursuant to section 353 of the Building Act 2004, the Minister for Building and Construction makes the following rules.
- Principal rules amended
- Information that must be provided for a licence application
- New rule inserted
7A List of recognised qualifications
- Way in which minimum standard must be assessed
These rules are the Licensed Building Practitioners Amendment Rules 2009.
These rules come into force on 15 February 2010.
3. Principal rules amended
These rules amend the Licensed Building Practitioners Rules 2007.
Rule 3(1) is amended by inserting the following definition in the appropriate alphabetical order:
- “recognised qualification, in relation to a licensing class, means a qualification of a kind the Registrar recognises as sufficient evidence on which to assess whether the minimum standards of competency for that class have been achieved without requiring an applicant to-
- (a) provide any details of relevant work history or other training; or
- (b) attend an interview."
5. Information that must be provided for a licence application
(1) Rule 7 is amended by adding the following subclause:
“(4) An applicant who provides evidence of a qualification under subclause (1)(m)(i) that is a recognised qualification, need not provide the information and evidence required by subclause (1)(i), (j), and (m)(ii).”
6. New rule inserted
The principal rules are amended by inserting, after rule 7, the following rule:
"7A List of recognised qualifications
(1) The Registrar may, at any time, issue for each licensing class a list of recognised qualifications.
(2) The Registrar may issue a list under subclause (1) in a manner and form that the Registrar thinks appropriate.
- (3) The Registrar must—
- (a) ensure that copies of the list are readily available to members of the public for inspection; and
- (b) supply a copy of any list or lists to any person on request at no charge.
- (4) The Registrar may, at any time,—
- (a) amend the list; or
- (b) revoke the list and substitute another list.”
7. Way in which minmum standard must be assessed
Rule 11 is amended by omitting "interactive assessment" in each place where is appears and substituting in each case "interview".
These are the Licensed Building Practitioners Amendment Rules 2009, made by Hon Maurice Williamson MP, Minister for Building and Construction. The Amendment Rules amend the Licensed Building Practitioners Rules 2007. The Amendment Rules come into force on 15 February 2010.
The Amendment Rules amend the licensing requirements for applicants who provide evidence of qualifications that have been recognised by the Registrar.